Saturday, March 21, 2009

Getting better...

I'm sorry it's taken me a couple of days to get back to you, but I wanted to see her before I said anything else to you, and I got to see her yesterday evening. She's really improving quickly. Her NG tube is out and she's been up. Yesterday she walked down the hall a little!

Her doctor called her "The Yellow Rose of Texas" b/c she's a little jaundiced, but I told her I thought she had the whitest teeth I'd ever seen!

The pathology report came back with the clinical staging and it's a 2. This means she will definitely have to have chemotherapy and radiation once she heals from surgery. It's going to be a little more of a fight than we thought.

But, as Mom says all the time, she's "in great shape for the shape I'm in."

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for letting us know. I've checked everyday to see what the news is. Tell Peggy she is still in our prayers. Please let us know if we can do anything else.
    Debbie Metzger

    ReplyDelete