Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Good News!

At 11:50 this morning, I called and talked to Mom just before she was sedated. I told her about the overwhelming support she has been receiving and told her that you all were sending her prayers and positive energy. She told me, "I can feel it!"

And I guess she could. Things could not have gone better. They started surgery just before 1pm and finished right around 4:30. The doctor came out and told us that everything went really well and "there was no evidence of metastasis." YAY!

We also found out that she was off the ventilator by 5:45. She'll spend 12-24 hours in ICU- just as a precaution. Then she'll be moved to a step-down unit. The doctor said we can expect her to spend about 10 days in the hospital.

Molly, Jim and Mom's sister Sue are going to hang around this evening until Mom's out of recovery- or they get kicked out- whichever comes first; but I wanted to get home to the blog and let you know the good news...
We are so blessed!

6 comments:

  1. This is such good news. Let Peggy know that we are sending up a prayer of thanks and for fast healing. Mary J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! Thank you for letting us know. I'm still trying to figure out this web site. Not sure what "Select profile" means but hopefully you will get this. I have prayed for Peggy all day. Thank you! Debbie M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for letting us know. I have prayed for Peggy all day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy to hear the great news! -Wally (in Atlanta)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very glad to hear that things went well. Hope the rest of the Wade's are hanging in/ Love to all. Your mom is constantly in my thoughts...jb

    ReplyDelete